Babies are so fragile, it is no wonder parents have to worry regularly about the littlest things like allergies, health care, food consumption, and even the best air freshener for the baby room. Though babies are the most adorable beings, they are still humans who need to regularly dispel waste from their bodies. Like we adults, our little darlings excrete poo, spittle, puke, and urine, which do not smell like roses.
Baby wastes, diapers, and dirty clothes stink and pollute the living area. Even with strict cleaning regulations, the smell of baby puke is not something to easily get rid of. Trying as much as possible too, to get rid of the stinky items in a nursery before they begin to smell can be tedious and exhilarating at the same time. Most times, we tend to slip up by forgetting to dispose of general baby waste on time, leading to a smelly atmosphere in the baby room.
Parents resort to finding the best air freshener for the baby room, not only because of the reasons mentioned above but because a stinky room definitely breeds harmful things that might affect their baby’s health. We adults can easily fight off some organisms with our already developed immune system but it is not so for babies, who are still growing and cannot protect themselves.
What Types of Air Fresheners are Good for Babies?
After accepting that quality air is important for baby growth and development, the next big question becomes, what type of air freshener to use.
Worrying about the type of air freshener to use in your baby’s room is right because some air fresheners can be very harmful to your baby’s health. To create a sweet scenting air freshener, different chemicals are mixed together and some of those chemicals used are toxic.
On the other hand, not all air fresheners contain these harmful substances and I have curated a list of the best air fresheners you can use in your baby’s room.
But firstly, let us discuss what to watch out for when looking for air fresheners.
Since there are thousands of air fresheners lined up on store counters, you should ensure that the air freshener you intend to buy:
- Does not contain some harmful chemicals like phosphates, ammonia, formaldehyde, or dyes. Is not strongly scented or has choking capability.
Recommended Types for Nurseries are:
Deodorizing powder, Plug-in air freshener, Ultrasonic Diffusers, gel, Sprays, and Air purifiers. They are mostly natural and have the ability to mask odors, kill germs and prevent mold growth.
Air Fresheners for Baby’s Room
1. Angel of Mine Baby Room Air Freshener
The Angel of Mine Baby Room Air Freshener is very suitable since it is formulated especially for babies and is devoid of toxins that can affect your baby’s health.
- It has a light scent that is perfect for your baby’s nursery.
- It comes in varying packages
- It lasts long
- It can freshen up your changing station, diaper pail and your nursery as a whole.
2. Munchkin Arm and Hammer Nursery Fresheners, 15 Pack
Munchkin Arm and Hammer Nursery Fresheners is another recommended air freshener. It is also created for nursery use and will therefore have no adverse effect on baby health.
- It contains deodorizing discs that are filled with baking soda that eliminates odor.
- It consists of an assortment of scents in citrus and lavender that you can pick from.
- It can be used in versatile ways.
- The baking soda it contains is a natural odor eliminator, is highly effective and safe to use.
- It can be used about 100 times!
3. GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
Air purifiers are highly effective and recommendable for home use, the GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer is one of the best and is recommended for nursery use.
- It has a pluggable air sanitizer that Provides cleaner air by reducing airborne germs, at the same time reducing household odors.
- Its compact design allows to fit anywhere, from the nursery to the litter box and even kitchen.
- It gets rid of odors from diapers, pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- It has UV C light that kills airborne germs and reduces volatile organic compounds
This product has a limited warranty for one year. Remember to check the terms and conditions.
4. Grab Green Natural Room & Fabric Freshener
Grab Green Natural Room & Fabric Freshener is a parent favorite because it offers much. It is a natural product and perfect for your baby’s room. It is highly effective and has seven signature scents!! These scents are;
- Relax – Lavender with Vanilla
- Purify – Gardenia
- Restore – Immortelle with Jasmine
- Revive – Red Pear with Magnolia
- Soothe – Thyme with Fig Leaf
- Refresh – Tangerine with Lemongrass
- Evoke – Vetiver
- It is naturally derived and bio degradable and is devoid of phosphates, formaldehydes and so on.
- It is scented with essential oils.
- It not only refreshes the air, it also scents fabrics too.
- It eliminates unwanted odors for any part of the home.
5. Fresh Wave Odor Removing Gel Refill
Fresh Wave Odor Removing Gel Refill is another non-toxic freshener that specializes in eliminating tough odors. It is safe, effective, and completely suitable for babies. The best part is that it consists of natural products.
- It consists of plant-based ingredients that will leave your nursery smelling clean and fresh.
- They are non-toxic and do not contain harsh chemicals.
- Absorbs and eliminates rude odors.
Above are the best air freshener for baby’s room.When you buy quality air fresheners for your baby’s nursery, you’re not only purifying the nursery but getting quality air that comes with it. Air fresheners can create a sense of harmony and peacefulness in the home, just that you purchase, the best air freshener for baby room at your own convenience and taste.