I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through the product links on this page at no extra cost to you.
Are you a first time or experienced mom that is made of Teflon? Can you pick up a blazing hot coffee and drink it right out of the pot? Can you easily remove hot soup out of the microwave with your bare hands? If your answers to these questions are yes, then you are disqualified to test the water temperature of your baby’s bath. You need a bath thermometer to help you out.
This is especially true when your little one screams through their bath because the water is too hot or cold. One way to recreate an acceptable bath water temperature for your baby is by purchasing a bath thermometer that is easy to set the temperature to what your child loves.
Measuring the temperature of your baby’s bathwater is very important. Babies’ skins are thin, so they quickly get hot or cold. If the water is too hot, it could lead to a 3rd-degree burn. On the other hand, if the water is too cold, the baby’s body temperature will drop. This could lead to difficult breathing, pale skin color, lethargy, tissue and nerve damages, etc.
In the olden days, mothers use their hands or elbows to check the water temperature. But moms, this is the 21st century, and that is not worthy anymore. There are sophisticated thermometers designed to look like toys you can use to test your baby’s water temperature before bathing them. Once you drop it in the water, it automatically shows the exact temperature with different colors to indicate if the water is too cold, too hot or moderate.
Below are 5 best baby thermometers for a bath.
1. Baby bath thermometer Turtle: Ozeri Turtlemeter The Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
The Ozeri Turtlemeter The Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer is an essential you need for your baby’s bath time. It is one of the best baby bath thermometers that instantly activates in water. You don’t need to press buttons or switches. As soon as the thermometer toy senses the water, it calculates the water temperature every second and shows it in three different colors–blue, red and green. The blue color shows that the water is cold. The red color shows the water is hot and the green color shows the water is ok. It displays the temperature in Fahrenheit on an LCD. It works with the aid of batteries.
The Ozeri Turtlemeter The Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer is safe for babies. It naturally floats on the water giving your baby a bath toy to kick around and play with during the bath time.
Dry the Ozeri Turtlemeter The Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer after a bath.
- It is safe for babies
- It is a digital bath thermometer with LCD readings
- It has three color indicators for hot – red, cold – blue, moderate – green
- It activates and works instantly when placed on water
- It works with the aid of batteries.
1. When water gets inside, the batteries corrode.
2. Cheap Baby bath thermometer: Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky
The Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky is a very cheap and one of the best baby bath thermometers that anyone can afford. It uses a white-hot technology that shows you when the bathwater is too hot to use on your baby. All you need do is to place the Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky in the bathwater. Lift it up to check the blue disc position at the bottom. If it reads hot, then you may need to add cool water to bring the temperature down.
The Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky is watertight. Meaning water cannot get inside to cause corrosion or mildew. Also, because it is water-tight, it cannot sink, nor squirt. It is also a bath toy babies can easily grab to play with as they take their bath.
With Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky, there is no need to worry about your baby’s bath water temperature. It gives you peace of mind and the fun your baby needs for happy bath time. The thermometer is a proven tool to amuse even a non-corporeal baby.
- It is easy for babies to grab and play with
- It uses a white-hot safety disc to show when the water is too hot for the baby.
- It does not soak water, which helps to prevent mildew growth
- It is very cheap, easy to clean and dry
- It is made of solid plastic.
1. The white-hot disc that shows the indication for hotness can develop a fault after some uses.
3. Baby bath thermometer digital: 4Moms spout cover
A digital baby bath thermometer is far better than a mercury thermometer. Its readings for a bath temperature is reliable, accurate and easier to read. It eliminates reading errors. A digital thermometer is safe for kids, while a mercury thermometer is harmful to humans.
If you are technology savvy and are always looking for the best product with good technology, 4Moms spout cover is the best in this range. The 4Moms spout cover is a digital built-in thermometer for baby bath. It has a color-coded display that shows an option for either Fahrenheit or Celsius. It recommends the best temperature for your baby.
The 4Moms spout cover needs a simple installation, and it fits readily on common faucets. It is made from foam suitable for protecting the baby’s head against bumps by hitting the faucet. It is easy to clean and mildew resistant.
- The display is color-coded that makes it easy to set the right temperature for baby’s skin
- It is mildew resistant
- It is made of foam which helps to protect the baby’s head against bumps
- It has a spout cover with a velcro strap
- It puts your mind at rest knowing the right temperature preference for your baby’s bath.
- It does not last long
- It does not have a locking mechanism to prevent toddlers from opening it.
4. Baby bath thermometer floating toy: MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer and Floating Bath Toy Bathtub and Swimming Pool Thermometer Green Fish Only for Fahrenheit
The MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer and Floating Bath Toy is a digital thermometer that measures accurately and easier to read too. It displays the hot or cold alarm temperature in Fahrenheit. The “cold” is for low temperature while the “hot” is for high temperature. Helping you to set a comfortable bath temperature for your baby. It serves a dual purpose. You can use it as a bath thermometer or as a room thermometer. As a room temperature thermometer, it helps you to set the best temperature for your baby to sleep and play.
The MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer and Floating Bath Toy float on the surface of the water. It is easy for babies to grab it, giving your baby a bath toy to play with. It is made of soft plastic, so it is safe for babies.
The thermometer is easy to activate in 1 second by shaking it, it instantly detects the bath and room temperature with digits on the LCD screen.
- It is motion activated. Just shake it and it works
- It is a digital bathtub thermometer
- It serves as a bath thermometer and a room thermometer
- It serves as a baby bath toy
- It is easy to operate
- The battery cover does not lock
- It miss-reads temperature after a few months
5. Baby bath thermometer duck: Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Children love to play with different toys. Why not buy a thermometer that serves as a bath toy and works as a thermometer too? The Duckymeter is a bath thermometer easy to activate by placing it in water. It floats naturally on the water allowing your baby to play with it as they bathe.
The Duckymeter measures the temperature of the bathwater and displays it in Fahrenheit on an LCD screen on top of the duck. It shows the temperature in three colors – Blue for cold water, Green for good temperature and red for hot water. They position the indicators under the duck and it comes on automatically when placed on top of the water.
Duckymeter complies with the Consumer product safety improvement act, so it is safe for your baby to play with.
- Its LCD display screen is easy to read
- It serves both as a bath temperature and a bath toy
- It is easy to activate when in water
- It takes the guess out of bath water temperature
- It is a digital temperature
1. It does not last very long
Do you really need best baby bath thermometers?
Yes, you do. It takes the guess out of water temperature. Babies can get cold or hot easily because their tender skin is thin. You will want to find an acceptable bath water temperature by getting one of the best baby bath thermometers enumerated above. Check out the ones above and click on the picture to get one for your baby.