I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through the product links on this page at no extra cost to you.
There are different baby bottle nipples in the market. The best baby bottle nipple is the one that fits your baby’s mouth perfectly. The thing is, there are baby bottle nipples in different sizes for preemie babies, newborn babies and for toddlers.
The nipples for older babies have larger holes so they can get a sizable amount of milk flow out, while the nipples for babies are smaller so they don’t choke on too much milk. Therefore, you need to know the right baby bottle nipple for your baby.
Below are the reviews of 5 best baby bottle nipples you can choose from.
1. Best newborn bottle nipples: Dr. Brown’s original nipple
Searching for the best newborn bottle nipple? Try Dr. Brown’s original nipple. It is suitable for newborns from birth to 3 months old. A doctor created the nipple to help reduce gas, spit-up, colic and burping common to babies.
Dr. Brown’s original nipple has an internal venting system that helps to remove air bubbles to prevent gas and colic in babies.
Dr. Brown’s original nipple comes in different sizes from Preemie flow to Y-cut, making it a perfect option for your baby at different stages of growth. The best size for your newborn baby is level 1 nipples because the flow of milk is slow for a newborn.
- The nipples mimic the feel of breastfeeding
- It is dishwater safe
- It helps to reduce gas, burping, colic, and spit-up in babies
- It is compatible with different brands of baby bottles
- It has a slow flow of milk suitable for newborns
1. The base of the nipple has a shape that does not always create a leak-proof seal.
2. Best preemie baby bottles nipples: Dr. Brown original nipple preemie
Dr. Brown’s original nipple preemie is suitable for premature babies. They have issues keeping up with the flow of milk either by breastfeeding directly or with pumped milk in a bottle. Dr. Brown’s original nipple preemie does great work. The nipple limits the flow to tiny mouths to the Y-cut nipple. They are great for preemies as they are comfortable feeding with it and they leaked less milk from the mouth.
Babies who use this nipple have zero issues with switching from bottle to breast. The bottle is made of soft and high-grade silicone.
The bottle is compatible with all Dr. Browns Natural flow bottles and Dr. Brown’s Options bottles. Some parents also attest to the fact that it fits their Parent’s choice bottles.
- It is dishwasher friendly
- It is BPA and other chemicals free
- It helps to preserve vitamins
- It is sterilizer safe
- It reduces gas and colic in babies
1. The nipples may collapse from time to time.
3. Best Baby bottle nipples for breastfed babies: Phillip Avent natural baby bottle nipple
The Phillip Avent natural baby bottle nipple is specifically designed for breastfed babies. This is because it enhances a natural latch on the sensation that helps babies to love breastfeeding.
The Phillip Avent natural baby bottle nipple is shaped like the natural breast, making it a great substitute for moms who are breastfeeding but also need bottle feeding.
Phillip Avent natural baby bottle nipples also have different shapes which make it easier for babies to switch because they are wide and they mimic breastfeeding.
- The Phillip Avent natural baby bottle nipple makes it easy for babies to switch from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding easily without a preference.
- The nipple has a spiral design that makes it feel natural for babies when they feed. This helps the baby to self-latch.
- It reduces colic, spit-up, and gas with the aid of the Airflex vent technology
- It is tasteless and odorless
- It is good for breastfed babies
1. The hole in the nipple is subject to wear and tear easily
4. Best Baby bottle nipples for rice cereals: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature added cereal nipple
The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature added cereal nipple is free from BPA. The nipples are shaped like the real breast and it flexes like it. This makes it easy for them to switch from breastfeeding to the bottle because it feels the same. The nipple comes with an anti-colic valve that helps to reduce too much airflow so that babies can take in more milk with less air.
It comes in different flow rates such as slow flow for 0+ months old, medium flow for 3+ months’ old babies and fast flow for 6+ months old babies. It works very well for rice cereals too.
It has a special cut at the tip that looks like a ‘Y’ at the top to allow thick cereal to pass through easily instead of the traditional holes. The unique nipple designs are shaped like a real breast but it still allows for thicker volumes.
The nipple is easy to latch for a smooth transition from breast to bottle.
- Its Y shaped cut nipple enables thickened formula, rice cereals to pass-through
- It is BPA free
- Its design is shaped like the real breast making it easier for babies to latch.
5. Best baby nipples for water: Sippynipple leak proof water bottle nipple
The Sippynipple leak proof water bottle nipple helps you to quickly convert any water bottle into a baby feeding bottle. It has two locking rings that can fit most ring sizes of USA 8 ox and 12 oz water bottles. It is easy to snap on and off. It is reusable and dishwasher safe. It is 100% silicone and BPA free.
- It is 100% silicone and BPA free
- It is reusable
- It is dishwater friendly
- It is easy to snap on and off
Above are five (5) best baby bottle nipples you can get for your baby.