I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through the product links on this page at no extra cost to you.
Are you a mom that doesn’t find it easy to breastfeed? Does your back hurt because you have to bend forward to breastfeed your baby?
I get it. It is because you are not using the right nursing pillow to breastfeed your baby.
The truth is, it is not every pillow that can fit your needs. First time moms are not the same. Some are tall, have a big breast, just had a C-section, have twin babies, etc. There are different types of nursing pillow and if you don’t know the one that can fit your needs, it will lead to wasting money because you will look for the ones that can serve you better. For example, I am a first time tall mom, that means not every pillow will serve me.
Below are five best nursing pillows for boys and girls.
1. Best nursing pillow for large breasts: Luna Lullaby bosom baby nursing pillow, Chevron Grey
The Luna lullaby bosom baby nursing pillow is a match made in heaven for plus size moms, especially those with large breasts. The L-shape provides a much large space for different positioning options during nursing. The cover is soft and comes in a variety of sweet colors and prints and it is washable too. The boomerang shape makes it possible for babies to be closer for tummy to tummy with moms. The sheer volume of the pillow makes it easy to prop your baby up so you don’t have to hunch over too much. This helps to prevent neck and back pain.
It is tall, making it easy for smaller babies to latch easily.
- It is suitable for plus size women with large breasts
- It does not lose its shape with use. Therefore, you can use it for different babies.
- The V-shape makes it easy for different nursing positions such as the football hold.
- You can lay and rest on it and also use it to support your back while sitting
- It has different sizes such as the Bosom baby and the Luna baby Lil something.
- It has a removable and washable cover
- It is bulky, so not suitable for skinny women or babies
- It is expensive than other nursing pillows
- It cannot be used as tummy time pillow for babies
2. Best nursing pillow for C-section: Natural boost adjustable nursing pillow
C-section delivery brings a lot of issues with it, such as the way you breastfeed. One good nursing pillow that can help you to properly breastfeed after a C-section delivery is the natural boost adjustable nursing pillow. The pillow helps to keep your incision safe from irritations during breastfeeding. It is a combination of a nursing pillow and a boosts pillow. You can flip the booster pillow from one side to the other to make it easy for you to breastfeed on both breasts. You can also adjust to the best feeding angle and position convenient for you and the baby. Elevating the removable booster helps the baby’s digestions and keeps the head cool and dry during breastfeeding.
- The adjustable booster pillow elevates the baby’s head, helping to prevent reflux.
- You can use the boost pillow as a nursing pillow while traveling
- It has contoured support to reduce the strain on your back and shoulders
- The shape of the nursing pillow prevents it from sliding off and the baby cannot cave inside either.
- It moves the baby closer to the mom with very long torsos.
- It has no latch. This makes it easy for the pillow to slip and slide off.
- It doesn’t have a removable cover and you cannot wash it with a washing machine. This means you have to improvise by using a receiving blanket to cover it while you feed the baby.
3. Best nursing pillows for tall mom: Infantino Elevate Adjustable Nursing Pillow
Are you one mom who doesn’t find it easy using Boppy and Breastfriend to breastfeed? Does your back hurt because you have to bend forward to breastfeed your baby?
Do you always feel you have to hunch over and you never get enough support while breastfeeding your baby? Or do you supplement your nursing pillows with blankets and throw pillows to make it easy for you to breastfeed? Then, the Infantino Elevate Adjustable Nursing Pillow is a godsend to you. It is great for tall moms with a long torso and long arms. With Infantino Elevate Adjustable Nursing Pillow, you can adjust the height to suit your sitting position. You need no extra pillows! Apart from that, because the baby’s head is elevated during feeding, it reduces reflux.
- It eradicates back and neck pain as you don’t have to stoop over the baby while breastfeeding.
- It is recommended for tall moms with a long torso
- Easily adjustable to your sitting positions
- It is firm and supportive
- It doesn’t have a strap
- It is bulky and not suitable for plus size moms
- The quality of the cover material is poor
4. Best breastfeeding pillow for twins: My brest friend supportive nursing pillow for twins 0-12 months, plus-size, light green
Keeping two babies on both breasts simultaneously can be hard work. Your back will be sore from nursing because of poor posture, your neck will hurt from looking down to ensure that your babies are feeding properly and your arms, hmmm they will get sore from supporting the two babies. The only solution! Get a brest friend supportive nursing pillow for twins. It is a lifesaver. It is made of a firm foam and provides a firm back support for you. It makes it easy to breastfeed two babies at the same time. It is adjustable, making it easy to adjust to any length you want.
- It comes with a pocket that you can store things such as a water bottle, TV remote, cell phone, nipple shields
- It is easy to feed two babies simultaneously
- It is easy to breastfeed with both hands-free
- It makes it easy to feed babies in different positions such as the football hold or cross
- It is comfortable and washable.
- It is not suitable for traveling as it is big
- It may not get to 12 months before you stop using it.
- It has a gap up in the U-shape
5. Best pillow for nursing for travel: My Brest Friend Inflatable Travel Nursing Pillow –Maternity Breastfeeding Support, Green Paisley
Are you a mom that travels a lot and need a convenient, travel-friendly nursing pillow? My Brest Friend Inflatable Travel Nursing Pillow helps you to breastfeed comfortably while you are in the plane seat. It is easy to inflate in a few minutes. The baby can sleep on it after latching, which can save you from the stress of holding them as they sleep. The plastic material is durable and comfortable if you don’t inflate it too much. It has a strap that clips in the pillow’s front. It provides support and good positioning for latching. It is also adjustable.
- It is easy to pack and store in a diaper bag
- It is easy to inflate and deflate
- It has a cover with a built-in pocket where you can keep your baby pacifiers, cellphones, etc.
- The cover is removable and washable
- The strap attached to it offers support which makes it comfortable to breastfeed.
- It is spring leaks
- The inflatable material is flimsy
There you have it – best nursing pillows for boys and girls.
Check out the Ultimate Breastfeeding class to become a pro at breastfeeding within 90 minutes!