This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no extra cost to you.
Imagine this scenario
You are a working mom and you have just given birth to a lovely baby.
Your baby enjoyed the breast milk while you were on maternity leave.
But now it is time to return to work. How do you ensure that your baby still has enough milk to drink when you are at work?
Best portable Breast pumps to the rescue!
With a good breast pump, you can ensure that your baby has enough milk to drink even while at work. However, you need to know the right breast pump for you. For one, there are different pumps for different breast sizes and nipples. It is recommended you buy the right breast pump for you to get the right size of milk you need for your baby.
The good thing is, I have done the work for you. I read several reviews, from product manufacturers, watch YouTube videos and visited several online mom forums to dig out the best portable breast pumps for you.
Below are the five best portable breast pumps for your specific need.
1. Best portable breast pump for bigger breasts: Medela pump in style advanced breast pump
Having a big breast is a blessing in disguise. Do you agree with me? It means you will be able to produce as much milk as your baby needs. Hmmm! That does not sound true. To get milk out of your big breasts, you need the right breast pump for big breasts. Not only that, it will be a struggle to get any milk out of your breast or you will try it for a long time before you get a few ounces.
The truth is, it is not all about the size of your breasts as it is the size of your nipple. You want to ensure that the flanges fit properly so that the pump will not suction your areolas. Not to worry. There is a good breast pump that fits your needs. It is called the Medela Pump in Style Advanced with On the Go Tote, Double Electric Breast Pump.
The Medela Pump in Style Advanced with On the Go Tote, Double Electric Breast Pump is very effective in bringing out a good amount of milk. It is suitable for moms with large breasts who may need to pump several times a day.
It comes with a designed microfiber bag with a built-in pump to hold all your expressed milk. The 8 AA battery pack allows you to pump on the go at any time you want to. The adjustable single knob helps you to set your pumps to the right speed. The Medela pump in style removable cooler bags with a contoured ice pack can contain four milk bottles with lids and a 12-hour ice pack to preserve the breast milk for your baby.
- The Medela Pump in Style Advanced breast pump’s personalfit breast shields comes in different sizes to cater to your big breasts.
- Pump on the go with the stylish microfiber bag fitted with a built-in pump.
- It has a cad adapter and battery pack that make it easy when you urgently need to pump.
- It is a double electric breast pump known with maximum efficiency and convenience.
- Adjustable vacuum and speed settings
1. It has a condensation related issue and the breast milk can leak out of the flanges.
2. Best portable breast pump for working moms: BelleMa Double Electric Breast pump
Working moms need to pump several times for their babies to be able to eat when they are not at home. It may even mean you have to pump while at work so that your baby can have enough milk to drink. This is where you need the best portable breast pump that can do the work. The best portable breast pump for working moms is the BelleMa Double Electric Breast pump.
The BelleMa Double Electric Breast pump is a strong pump you can use to pump breast milk all throughout the day. It is easy to use and portable to carry to your workplace. It has a rechargeable battery that makes it easy when you can’t find an outlet in sight.
The BelleMa double electric breast pump is a closed system, double electric pump which you can use to pump both breasts at the same time. It also has a suction speed control for each breast. It is light (about 14 ounces), so carrying it to your office daily is a breeze. It is quiet, making it a good choice for the working place.
- It is light and portable making it easy to carry to and from the working place
- It is easy to clean and assemble back
- It does not make a noise while pumping, making it suitable for the workplace
- It comes with a pack of a battery to enable you to use it even when there is no electricity outlet in sight
- It has different suction speeds that you can control for each breast
1. It doesn’t have a carrier
3. Best portable breast pump for travel: Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
Are you a mom that travels a lot? Buying a special breast pump for travels with save you a lot of stress and struggles. Breastfeeding your baby while traveling can be a hassle, you will want to ensure that you prepare enough breast milk for your baby whenever they want to take it. This may mean you need to express the milk on the go, while you are traveling. You may not be able to use the regular size breast pump because of their weight and size, you need something simple and light that can make your travel with your baby fun and fulfilling.
A good breast pump for travel you can buy is the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump. The breast pump comes with two breast flanges that can fit any size of the breast. Two breast milk bottles which can contain four ounces of milk. Matching covers and newborn nipples. It comes in a microfiber travel bag easy to carry around. It also comes with cold packs for long storage of breast milk.
- The suction mimics the nursing motion of the newborn as you press the button
- It has an electric memory to record your last settings, recalling it whenever you want to pump next time
- It provides a storage system for your milk to last longer
- It is easy and fast to express breast milk with the Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Its lightweight makes and easy to travel with.
It is relatively expensive
4. Best breast pump for low milk supply: Spectra Baby USA -S2 plus premier electric breast pump
As a first time mom, sometimes you wonder whether you are producing enough milk for your baby. A good way to find out is if you are not leaking milk from your nipple or you don’t feel full in your breasts. However, you have nothing to worry about, it may mean your body is still trying to adjust to breastfeeding. Other causes of low milk supply are irregular feeding (if you are not breastfeeding regularly), birth control pills and sickness.
A good way to increase your level of milk supply is to use a breast pump that can boost your breast milk production. The best portable breast pump for low milk supply is the Spectra Baby USA -S2 plus premier electric breast pump.
The breast pump is a closed system so breast milk will not spill for any reason and it protects it from bacteria and viruses. It comes with an AC power adapter, removable power long prongs, a valve, tubing, flanges, and a bottle.
The settings are adjustable based on your comfort.
- It is a full package of all you need to boost your low milk supply
- It comes with a rechargeable battery
- The settings are adjustable
- It is a hospital-grade breast pump
- It is durable for everyday use
It does not start in letdown mode
5. Best breast pump for exclusive pumping: PREUP advanced with Pacifier
If you find it difficult to breastfeed, try exclusive pumping. It is the method of breastfeeding without nursing your baby directly. Some moms are forced to go this route because they have a premature baby who may not be able to latch very well. Whatever the reason you want to embark on exclusive breast pumping, you need the best portable breast pumps that can take the pressure. A good breast pump for exclusive pumping is the PREUP advanced with Pacifier.
The PREUP advanced with Pacifier comes with all you need to fully express your breast milk. It is an electric breast pump with a power cord, power adapter, check valve, bottles, thread dust, suction pump, bottles, etc. It also comes with an LCD to give you relevant information such as battery life, pumping strength, the length of time you have been pumping, etc. It also has a memory that helps to store your last settings so you don’t have to repeat the settings when next you want to use it.
It has a carrier or bag that houses the parts, so it will be easy to carry it on the go.
- It is quiet when it is pumping
- It is not expensive
- It is light, so easy to carry around
- It is hand free, so you can work while you pump
- Settings are stored in the memory, so you don’t have to adjust it when next you want to use it.
1. It has not been in the market for a long time, so its durability cannot be ascertained.
Above are five (5) best portable breast pumps for you. Click on anyone you want to get more details.