Looking for the best slow flow sippy cups? As your baby grows, a time comes when you need to prepare to get a cup as a replacement for the breast or feeding bottle. In line with this, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAR) recommends that a child begin the transition from bottles to sippy cups between 12 – 24 months. Doing so can help avert tooth decay and other dental damage.
Sippy cups are said to be transitions between bottles and open cups. As your child gets closer to this recommended age, you must be on the lookout for a sippy cup. The decision you make should be based on your infant’s age, the ease with which you can get the cups cleaned, the ability of your infant to properly hold a cup, the features you are after and the size of your pocket.
But with so many options to pick from, how will you know the best slow flow sippy cups better suited for your child? We come in here. This article gives you seven best slow flow sippy cups that would be perfect for your baby. Read and have your pick.
1. NUK Disney Learner Sippy Cup
One of the first best slow flow sippy cups to consider is the NUK Disney Learner sippy cup. Though infants most times find it difficult to switch to a sippy cup, the fun design of this particular one grabs their attention and draws them in. It is designed for infants six months and above.
- It comes with a built-in air vent that allows your infant to swallow liquid instead of air.
- It is dishwasher safe but can also be cleaned with a standard bottle brush.
- It is spillproof with a cap that keeps the spout germ free when not in use.
- It flows easily and freely when sipped.
- The easy-grip handles make it easy to hold, and you can easily remove it once your infant grows.
- It is BPA free, so it is safe for your toddler.
2. Philips Avent My Easy Sippy Cup
This cup is suitable for children of nine months and above and comes with two 9-ounce cups, silicone spouts, and two Snap-on caps. You can get it at a pocket-friendly price.
- It is BPA and BPS free making it a harmless choice for your baby.
- You can use it with other Philips Avent products, and this makes it easy for you.
- Its parts are straightforward to assemble and dishwasher safe to relieve you of stress.
- It has a spout with a built-in valve that makes drinking spill-free.
- It is transparent therefore allowing you to see the content of the cup.
- The spout is made of soft silicone, which makes it gentle on your infants’ gum.
- Its snap-on cap is removable for easy cleaning; it also ensures the spout stays germ-free.
- It has a ripped design that makes it easy for an infant to grasp.
3. Chicco Soft Silicone Transition Baby Sippy Cup
This cup can be used by babies of 4 months and above. The gentle sipping of your child stimulates its flow so your baby can not turn it upside down. Therefore, there is no risk of spillage. It goes for an affordable price.
- Parts are easy to assemble and can be cleaned with a dishwasher.
- Its ergonomic indents aid proper hand placement.
- The non-slip removable handles make it easy to hold with little or no risk of the cup slipping.
- It has double valves which release air and ensure the baby does not swallow air bubbles.
- The spout is made of soft silicone, which gives it a familiar shape and feel, making it easy for your infant to transition from breast to sippy cup.
- It comes with a snap-on that ensures the spout remains clean when it’s not in use.
- Its materials are BPA, PVC and latex-free to ensure your baby’s safety.
- This cup has interchangeable tops and bottoms that make it possible to put together the perfect cup for each stage of your infant’s growth.
If you choose to clean your sippy cup with a dishwasher, ensure you place it in the top rack.
4. NUK Learner Cup
It is spillproof with unique features that make it easy for your infant to transition from bottle to cup. It is designed for ages six months+.
- Its air vent reduces air bubbles swallowed by your baby.
- BPA free material makes it safe for infant use.
- It has a soft spout that is gentle on the gum.
- The anti-slip, easy-grip handles are easy for an infant to hold and can be removed as your child get older.
5. Munchkin Gentle Transition Trainer Cup
It has you covered from the first transition out of the bottle to the perfect bedside cup for your grown-up. It is suitable for kids of age four months upwards.
- Its extra soft spout design is flexible and gentle on your baby’s sensitive gums.
- It comes with removable easy to grip handles.
- It is entirely spillproof.
- The Parts of this cup can be cleaned with a dishwasher.
- The spout can be interchanged with Latch stage 1, 2 and 3 nipples.
- It is not gender-sensitive.
- Its materials are BPA free therefore safe for your infant.
When you want to wash with a dishwasher, place it on the top rack.
6. POTATO Sippy Cups For Toddlers
It is fit for toddlers of 6 months + and is available. It has an adorable unique design that would keep your baby interested.
- It comes with two different nipples: the spout nipple suitable for infants between 6-12 months, and the straw nipple suitable for infants above 12 months.
- Its parts are made from PPSU, which is high temperature resistant, molecularly stable and BPA free.
- It has five different animal patterns on the bottle cap, and your baby can change it by turning the handle.
- The bottle cap is designed with four layers of anti-seepage which prevents leakage even when the bottle is inverted.
- It comes with a temporary storage tank that stores the water after the baby takes the first drink, making it easy for your baby to drink another time.
- It has two clear scale indications on the side that helps you know how much water your infant has drunk.
- All parts of the bottle can be sterilized, steamed and also be washed in the dishwasher.
7. Dr Brown’s Options Wide- Neck Spout Sippy Baby Bottle
This bottle produced by Dr. Brown is known to reduce gas, spit-up, and burping by getting rid of air bubbles and negative pressure. It is for infants from 6 months.
- It is sterilizer and dishwasher safe, making it easy for you to clean.
- Its part is made from BPA-free materials, so it is very safe for infants.
- The spout of this sippy cup fits any Dr. Brown’s cup.
- It has a soft silicone spout that is familiar to babies and soft on their gums.
- The snap-on cap keeps the spout germ-free when on the move.
- It comes with removable silicone easy-to-hold handles fitting for most wide neck bottles and sippy cups.
- It is unisex.
When washing in a dishwasher, place on the top rack.
The features, price, make, and specifications of these best seven sippy cups have most likely made your decision easier. All that is left for you to do is pick one, take it home to your baby and watch your child drink comfortably with much joy.