Searching for the best pacifiers for tongue-tied babies? You are in the right place. Babies and feeding, that’s undoubtedly a match made in heaven. One of the most effective methods of soothing a crying baby is to breastfed or feed him. On occasions, you may need to comfort them without feeding them. This is why pacifiers are very important for any mum any time any day. They help them to focus on their suckling and distract them from doing other activities. Babies need their pacifiers at all times, but it’s important to note that they need to be clean and healthy for them.
Hey! By the way… any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon are affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks in advance – I really appreciate it! .
The pacifiers that babies can use should be comfortable enough for them to suckle on. For tongue-tied babies, it will become more challenging to achieve. Tongue-tied babies are born with their tongue’s lower tip secured firmly to the bottom of their mouth. It’s a condition that restricts them from suckling the right way, which can impede mums who wish to soothe their babies.
There are different designs of pacifiers in the market that will be perfect for tongue-tied babies. We will look at some of the best pacifiers for tongue-tied babies and specify how valuable they are to a baby’s care. But before then, let’s look at a common question from moms.
Do pacifiers help with tongue-tie?
The Nanobebe pacifier is a product you can buy when you wish to slowly wean your baby without him suspecting what is happening. The Nanobee pacifier can help the baby transition from that breastfeeding schedule to being weaned without feeling discomfort. The pacifier is built with a soft material shaped to be like a natural nipple and can comfort a child quickly in the same manner that breastfeeding can.
The material used for the Nanobebe pacifier is made of silicone, and the extra smoothness that it brings is an instant pacifier for babies. It’s also soft enough for the baby to latch onto without falling off their mouths, ideally suited for tongue-tied babies.
Benefits of Nanobebe pacifier
- It helps your baby for a smooth transition from breastfeeding.
- The material used in its making is BPA-free and safe for the baby.
- Extra softness and smoothness with a shape that won’t confuse babies with natural breasts.
- They are designed to prevent your baby from gagging.
- It’s affordable.
- It may be pretty heavy and hard for some babies.
Tommee tippee breast-like night pacifier
The Tommee tippee pacifier is a perfect pacifier you will need as a mum if you need that natural feel for your baby when transitioning from breastmilk. The brand has been renowned for producing feeding bottles for babies and is bringing that experience to the table with this silicone-made pacifier. The pacifier’s design made it have a larger tip which will be enough to fill the baby’s mouth in a way that a natural nipple would. This would be a good fix for tongue-tied babies whose suction actions are not as effective as ordinary babies.
It also comes with a glow-in-the-dark feature that allows you to locate it easily anywhere in the house.
Benefits of Tommee tippee breast-like night pacifier
- Delicate nipple design for proper breastfeeding transition.
- BPA-free material.
- Perfect silicone breast-like feel for your baby.
- Good latch-on pacifier for your baby’s comfort.
- Water can get trapped within its orifice.
If you want a readily adapted pacifier that will be suited to the kind of suckling that your baby is used to, then you have to get the Avent pacifier. The material is made from soft silicone with a natural-feel nipple that will calm down your baby when used. The design was strictly for plain pacification, which means that it may not be aesthetically pleasing to a few mums out there. There’s a gap between the nipple for where the baby can place his finger for support and comfort.
The Avent pacifier was also designed with baby comfort in mind, which means that it’s healthy for them.
Benefits of Avent pacifier
- Health experts recommend it as a healthy pacifier for babies and infants.
- It was designed to fit in with the development of the baby’s teeth and gum development.
- The material is made of high-grade silicone that is BPA and latex-free.
- It can be cleaned/sterilized easily at any time.
- It’s affordable.
- It may be considered too small for some babies.
For babies with sensitivity to specific materials, you would have to consider the Mam pacifier, which is perfect for tongue-tied babies. The design on this comes with a flexible nipple that can be comfortable for the baby to suckle on; This means that we will no longer see cases where the pacifier will be falling off from the baby’s mouth quickly. The delicate nature of the nipple will only mean that there won’t be much pressure on the baby’s mouth when they’re suckling on it, but the material is generally of good quality.
Another quality that comes with the Mam pacifier is the glow-in-the-dark, enabling any mum to locate it anywhere in the house without much stress. The glow will depend on the amount of light that the pacifier gets during the daytime, but it’s still a quality glow. It is a good dummy for tongue tied babies.
Benefits of Mam pacifier
- High-quality material that is BPA-free.
- Glow-in-the-dark material that makes it easy to be found at night.
- It comes with a durable case that is sterilized.
- Adapted design to avoid skin irritation to the baby.
- Soft silicone nipples that the baby can quickly adapt to.
- May be considered too thin for some babies’ mouth.
The Nuk pacifier is the right type that you need to get if you are looking to provide your baby with a natural feel pacifier that they can use comfortably. The Nuk pacifier design made it possible for its teat to have a narrow neck. This makes it possible for it to fit your baby’s mouth naturally with enough allowance to accommodate the growth of his dentition. The pacifier is mainly referred to as an Orthodontic pacifier.
The material that is used to make this pacifier is made of soft silicone. It has a shield-shaped heart that fits perfectly under the baby’s nose giving him space for proper breathing. It’s a perfect pacifier for tongue-tied babies and also one of the best pacifiers for a lip tie.
Benefits of Nuk pacifier
- The nipple is shaped in a way that can help develop the baby’s jaw and tongue.
- It’s a soft silicone material that aids the growth of the baby’s teeth.
- It comes highly recommended by health professionals as an orthodontist pacifier.
- It comes with a sterilizer box that you can use to sterilize it at all times.
- It makes a squeaky noise when it’s suckled.
Best pacifiers for tongue-tied babies: Final Verdict
Above are the best pacifiers for tongue-tied babies that any mum should find handy and comfortable enough for their babies to use. They are perfect for babies that are tongue-tied to use without any issues.