Want to know the best diaper between Pampers and Luvs? You are in the right place. The truth is, they are both made by Procter and Gamber. The company started the disposable diapers in the ’60s and Pampers is their first product in that line. They later started making Luvs as an alternative to pampers to give mothers choices of diaper brands to use for babies. In this article, we will look at pampers vs luvs to compare the two brands of diapers and show you the best for your baby. Let’s start with a table showing Pampers vs Luvs differences and similarities.
Pampers Vs Luvs
|Criteria for comparison||Pampers||Luvs|
|Available sizes||Different sizes covering Preemies to older children||No preemies and older children sizes available|
|Absorbency||Absorbs well||Less absorbency|
|Fragrance||Mild||Heavily scented (powder scent)|
|Fit||Fit with content||Sags with content|
|Tabs||Close and stretchy tab||Reusable close tabs|
Now that you know the differences between Pampers and Luvs, let’s take an in-depth look at each one of them.
Pampers come in lots of different sizes, starting from newborn sizes all the way to potty training underwear. It is well known for its quality material and it is trusted by many moms for its leak protection. This brand works very well for many mothers because it comes in so many different varieties. If you find that it works well against your baby’s skin then it is almost certain that you will find a size that fits your baby quite well.
- Pampers is the hospital’s number one recommended diaper brand.
- Pampers are very soft from both inside and outside. Other brands of diapers are infamous for their scratchy outside but Pampers are well known for their soft exterior. So, it’s a great brand for sensitive babies and babies who get diaper rashes frequently.
- It comes with a wetness indicator and lets you know when it’s time for a diaper change. Hence, no more checking baby’s diaper constantly to know whether they need to be changed or not.
- Pampers fit better than most diaper brands. They adjust according to your baby or toddler’s legs and waist, making them less prone to leaks than other brands. Pampers Cruisers are great for preventing leaks and work well for babies that have become mobile. Swaddlers are best for new babies, as they work quite well against their delicate skin.
- Nobody wants to disturb a sleepy baby by changing their diaper due to leakage at night. Pampers has solved this problem by providing 12-hour protection at a time.
- If you want to stay with one brand throughout your entire journey of diapering, Pampers has got you covered. They have product range for newborns, early walkers, toddlers, older toddlers, potty trainers, and even for babies who have extra delicate skin. There are pull-on training diapers and overnight diapers available as well. If you find a diaper brand that works best for your baby, it can be so disappointing to find out that they don’t make enough sizes. Fortunately, Pampers won’t leave you hanging!
- Pampers are more expensive than other diaper brands. If you follow a strict budget and want to minimize your expenses then you should try other diaper brands and see how they work for your baby. While Pampers are known to be the best quality diapers, they are also known to be a bit expensive.
- What works for one baby may not work for the other. As babies come in different body shapes and sizes therefore it’s quite possible that they may not fit well on every baby.
Although Luvs is made by the same company as Pampers, it is more budget-friendly. It comes in different styles and sizes for babies. It has triple leak guards that prevent leakages. It can absorb wetness for up to 12 hours with the aid of a special absorbent gel that is safe for babies. It has a special indicator to show when it is time for a change. One good thing about Luvs is that it has reusable closure tabs. For instance, if you buy a diaper but did not get the right size for your baby, you can undo the tabs and try it again because they are sticky. It is especially a lifesaver if you have babies that wiggle when changing diapers. However, it has a very strong smell of baby powder and no extra padding like pampers. But with the price, it is a good fit for moms on a low budget.
- Luvs is more economical than Pampers. So, if you’re following a strict budget, or you have more than one child in diapers at once, Luvs might be a good choice for your family.
- Luvs has larger closures tabs and the tabs are reusable. So, if you don’t get the right fit in the first try then you can simply undo the tabs and try again. This is very helpful when the baby is being extra wiggly during a diaper change.
- If you like a pampers to smell fine, you will probably love Luvs’ powder smell
- Luvs is a bit thinner than Pampers. This makes it more prone to leaks. It’s also a concern for parents whose babies are learning to walk and they need their diapers to be bulky to cushion the fall.
- Luvs are scented with a baby powder odor. Some parents love this, some hate it. Because some parents prefer no artificial scents near their babies while others love the smell of baby powder.
- Luvs are also available only till size 6.
Pampers vs Luvs – The winner is … they are both good for babies.
There you have it – Pampers vs Luvs. They are made by the same company but are sold at different prices, sizes and fragrances. If you want a diaper with lots of features and don’t mind the price, Pampers is made for you. On the other hand, if you prefer a less expensive brand, with fewer features, Luvs is great for you.