Breastfeeding is a task you need to do to keep your baby alive and healthy. However, it comes with some difficulties among which is the leaking breast milk. Leaking breasts is natural. It shows you are a nursing mom, but it can be embarrassing all the same. Imagine you go out wearing a shirt and before you know it, it is wet with breastmilk leaking out. It can be embarrassing. It is not just that, it can even ruin your cloth and increase the number of clothes you have to wash. However, there is a way you can salvage the situation – get nursing pads. All you need do is to put the absorbent nursing pads inside your nursing bra. They will absorb all the leaking milk from your breasts.
Below are different nursing pads for moms in 2020.
1. Best reusable nursing pads for moms: Bamboobies super-soft washable nursing pads
Reusable or washable nursing pads can save you a ton of money. They are made of fabrics that are washable. They are also environmentally friendly. If you plan to buy washable nursing pads, you will need several pairs so you don’t keep washing every day. One of the best reusable nursing pads is the Bamboobies super-soft washable nursing pads.
The Bamboobies super-soft washable nursing pads come in a pack of three pairs of regular pads and three pairs of an overnight pad in different colors. You can wash them by hand or in a washing machine and dried in a dryer. It is soft to touch and as you wash it more; it becomes softer. It does not show undershirts as most reusable do.
- It is soft, of high quality and stays in place
- It is not bulky, and it absorbs well
- It is not visible through shirts
- It saves cost and the environment
- It is good for sensitive skinned moms
- It is relatively expensive
- It is not recommended for moms with big breasts
2. Best disposable nursing pads for moms: Lansinoh Stay dry disposable nursing pads
Disposable nursing pads provide excellent leak protection. It may not be as soft as reusable nursing pads, but they good. You need disposable nursing pads when you are on the go, especially working moms or moms that travels a lot. It saves you time cleaning them. You just use it and dispose of. It does not leak even if the pad is full of milk. Because it is disposable, you will need quite a lot per month – at least two or three 60-count boxes per month. It is more expensive since it is not washable. One good disposable nursing pads you want to consider buying is the Lansinoh Stay dry disposable nursing pads.
The Lansinoh Stay dry disposable nursing pads have a quilted honeycomb lining that offers excellent leak-proof coverage, and a breathable waterproof layer to protect your clothes from soaking the milk. The Lansinoh stay dry disposable nursing pads’ contoured shape ensures that you are comfortable and safe even if it is soaked. The nursing pads have adhesive tape on the back that keeps them in place inside the nursing bra.
- The quilted honeycomb lining prevents your dress from getting soaked with breast milk
- It produces a smooth shape under clothes
- It is soft on sore nipples
- It is thin, but absorb lots of milk
- It doesn’t shift inside the bra because of the adhesive tape
- It is not reusable
- It is slightly itchy, so not recommended for women with sensitive skin.
3. Best nursing pads for sore nipples: Lansinoh laboratories soothies gel pads
Having sore nipples while breastfeeding is a painful experience. It happens when you are trying to get the hang of breastfeeding and your baby is not latching correctly. One way you can reduce the pain is by placing nursing pads inside your bra to prevent contact between your clothes and the nipples. Also, using the right nursing pads with gel can help reduce and heal the sore or cracked nipples. One of the best nursing pads for sore nipples is the Lansinoh laboratories soothies gel pads. These nursing pads provides instant soothing to your sore nipples. Because of the absorbent nature of the pads, you can reuse them for up to 72 hours. After the first use, put them in the fridge during feeds so they are cold and ready for use when you are ready.
- It offers instant relief to sore nipples
- It heals sore nipples so you can continue breastfeeding your baby
- It is BPA free
- The soft fabric of the Lansinoh laboratories soothies gel pads protects your nipples from friction.
- It is reusable for up to 72 hours.
- Lansinoh laboratories soothies gel pads are relatively expensive.
4. Best nursing pads for heavy leaking: Medela disposable
When you get in sync in breastfeeding with your newborn baby, you find that you produce much more milk. This is the time you need extra coverage to prevent your milk from leaking excessively. The solution to this is using the Medela disposables to prevent heavy leaking. The Medela disposable is made of superabsorbent materials created to prevent breastmilk leakage and keep your breast dry while been discreet under your clothes. The pad is made of nylon and cotton with an absorbent polymer to keep you dry and comfortable as you breastfeed your baby.
- The cotton and nylon made pad helps to absorb leaking milk
- It is less expensive and convenient because it is disposable
- Its contour shape makes it eligible for moms with bigger breast to use with ease
- It stays in place in the nursing bra
- It is individually wrapped, making it easy to keep them clean in the purse.
- The individual pack is difficult to open.
5. Best nursing pads for sensitive skin: NUK Ultra Dry Nursing Pad
Some moms have sensitive skin that can make using nursing pads a nightmare. However, there is a good nursing pad you can use that will not react with your sensitive skin. It is called the NUK Ultra Dry Nursing pad. It is made of 70% cotton, which is a breathable material that ensures air circulation around your sensitive skin. This helps to greatly lessen skin irritation. It is also contoured to fit the shape of your breast to make it comfortable to wear. The pad does not slip out of place because of the adhesive strip that comes with it. It also absorbs leaking milk very well with its multi-layer lining. It is wrapped individually, making it easy for you to carry it with you to wherever you go.
- It is made of 75% cotton that is breathable, protecting your sensitive skin again irritations.
- It is absorbent without you ever feeling wet
- It provides a good coverage area
- Individually wrapped to make it easy to use on the go
- It has an adhesive strips that keeps it in place without slipping out.
- It shows through your clothing because they are large.
Above are best nursing pads for moms. Don’t wait till your clothes get soaked with breastmilk before you take action. Get as many as you can to prevent breastmilk leakage.