I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through the product links on this page at no extra cost to you.
Babies are excellent suckers for breastfeeding, and that’s just putting it lightly. In the first few months of their lives, most of their activities will focus on feeding, sleeping, and playing. This is why as a newborn mum; you must take care to ensure that your baby is well-fed. Tongue-tied babies are not left out of this situation, and they need special attention when feeding.
Tongue-tied babies are infants suffering from a medical condition known as ankyloglossia. It happens when a baby’s tongue is tongue-tied at birth by a short and tight body tissue known botanically as the lingual frenulum. The tissue ties the bottom of the tongue’s tip to the floor of the mouth.
This prevents the baby from suckling and feeding as usual as they should be. There are quality feeding bottles in the market that are fit for infants like this. This enables them to feed despite their condition.
Pediatrics and baby health professionals have recommended the bottles as practical feeding bottles for tongue-tied babies. We will therefore be reviewing bottles that you can use to feed your baby even in that condition.
NUK Simply-Natural Baby Bottles
NUK natural baby bottle is that bottle that you would get that would give your baby quality feeding even at its price. The bottle is best suited for mums that are still breastfeeding their babies. The bottle has multiple holes (3 – 9) that have been shaped in a way that can be mistaken as a natural nipple. It allows feeding on the bottle to be seamless and free-flowing for your baby to suckle easily even with their disability.
The bottle weighs 5 ounces, and the nipples are slow flow that feels natural enough for the baby. The nipple also has a continuous flexible nipple that your baby can latch onto for comfort.
Advantages of the NUK Natural Bottles
- Real-life feel nipples that have more than enough holes for an improved feeding experience for the baby.
- Very affordable price for a baby product.
- Anti-colic bottle vent designed with vent attached to the nipple for easy cleaning.
- Milk can easily spill from the anti-colic vent when the bottle is tipped too much during feeding.
Dr. Brown’s Options+ Slow Flow Bottle
Dr. Brown has been a great market brand for baby feeding bottles for many years. They’ve recently become the benchmark for making comfortable bottles for babies. Dr. Brown’s baby bottles are designed to eliminate the instances where air bubbles and colic gas accumulate as the baby feeds.
The bottle comes with a 2-piece internal vent mechanism connected at both the ends and the top of the bottle. This means that your baby can suckle with this feeding bottle without ingesting air bubbles that can cause discomfort to their stomach as well as causing a middle ear infection.
The vent system ensures that any bubble is sucked through it instead of the nipple, bypassing the milk and making it safe for the baby.
Benefits of Dr. Brown’s Options+ Slow Flow Bottle
- A comfortable feeding system that is safe for your baby.
- It’s free of substituents that are unsafe for the baby.
- It’s much easy to clean than most bottles.
- A glass bottle that gives a good taste for the baby.
- It may be pretty heavy to carry.
- The bottle can break at any time.
MAM Newborn Essentials Baby Bottles
When you’re looking for an innovative “smooth feed” design for your baby, you can never go wrong with the MAM Newborn Essentials bottle. The design specs for the bottle start with ultra-soft silicon for the nipple, which will relax your baby when feeding as if he’s feeding directly from the mother.
It also comes with a vent attached to the base of the bottle to prevent the baby from swallowing air bubbles that may discomfort him. This is known as the anti-colic mechanism. The vent has air holes attached which are sealed off with silicon.
It ensures that there is enough airflow that controls the pressure that affects milk flow. It’s generally a perfect bottle for babies that are tongue-tied to adapt.
Benefits of MAM Newborn Essentials Baby Bottles
- The vent design is effective at reducing colic.
- It’s a suitable feeding bottle for newborn babies
- It has a BPA-free material.
- The pacifiers are renowned for baby teeth development.
- You would need to purchase the fast flow nipples separately after the first six months.
Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
A newborn infant still dependent on formula can be tedious when using feeding bottles due to colic. This is why the Philips Avent Natural bottle is a must-have for any new mum that wants to fulfill her wishes for an effective feeding schedule for her baby. The Philip Avent is designed with a vent to eliminate colic using an air valve specifically designed for that purpose.
Unlike so many other products of the same purpose, the bottle is straightforward to assemble, and you get the entire set together.
Another unique quality is that you can fit the bottle into your baby’s accessory bags without stress, and it does not leak when packed. It’s a quality baby bottle for tongue-tied infants.
Benefits of Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
- Anti-colic vents that prevent air from entering into the baby’s stomach.
- Simple to assemble and clean at any time.
- They’re pretty portable and do not take up space.
- Natural feel nipples.
- It doesn’t come with an hourglass shape making it harder for the baby to grab and feed.
Comotomo – Baby Bottles
The Comotomo feeding bottle was designed to provide your baby with that natural nipple feel that has will enable him to feed well and stay healthy. The nipples are made from soft silicone and made to adapt your baby from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding.
The bottle has a capacity of 5 to 8 ounces in a pack of three from the designer. The bottle is also soft enough for your baby to squeeze and feed. This is very crucial for tongue-tied babies who may find it hard to suckle naturally. The bottle also comes with vents designed to prevent colic from affecting the baby.
Advantages of Comotomo – Baby Bottles
- Innovative vents to eliminate colic and promote healthy feeding.
- A soft silicone nipple that imitates actual feeding for the smooth transition of the baby to bottle feeding.
- The bottle has outstanding durability and can last for a long time.
- Very easy to clean and assemble.
- The material used for its design is BPA-free.
- Slow flow nipple is absent.
- It’s a bit pricey than most bottle brands.
All the bottles discussed in this article are great for your babies. Your choice however should be based on your financial ability and the uniqueness of your baby.